Sunday, October 12, 2008

World Lit So Far...


Sophomore year is definitely a major transition from freshmen year. With freshmen boys finally maturing, and new, more challenging classes coming along the way. As a freshmen at SCS I was put in the Language Arts Mastering Program, its for those students who struggle in the language arts division. But after a year of being involved in L.A.M.P, I wanted something more challenging. Though its only the first few months of school, I'm already finding Mrs. Kirk's class to be one of my favorites. Though its hard, and sometimes things I've never heard before, I love being in there. It makes me think deeper into what I'm reading, instead of just letting it roll off my tongue. I like finding the pieces of the puzzle i guess you could say, that make great literature. I never even knew I'd like writing!
Though I do believe my greatest disappointment this year was the personal essays. I would have received an A for my paper, but those spelling errors always get me. Usually when I am studying or preparing for a test, I sit on my bed, with it quiet, and do flash cards, or read over past material. Though I think I'm gonna move my location to somewhere else, because I tend to find myself falling asleep.
I am also a very visual learner. Its kind of hard for me to grasp a concept, with someone just explaining it. Showing the steps, and why things are the way they are really better me to understand.
Though I know this class is going to be very challenging for me, I'm excited to see where it leads.

1 comment:

Caryn Kirk said...

I'm really glad you stayed, too! You've got a lot of talent and good thoughts.